Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Physical Education

On Caley's second day of school she gets home and tells me she doesn't want to go to school anymore. I ask her why and she tells me it's because she doesn't like PE. I ask her why she doesn't like PE and she proceeds to tell me it's because they won't let y ou do anything and you have to be quiet and follow the rules.

I've been trying to figure out why she wouldn't like it and these are the conclusions that I've come to with a little help from my sister and mom:
  1. The gym is really loud and echoey.
  2. There is probably at least 2 classes of Kindergarten kids in there.
  3. It's not just free play like in preschool.
  4. There are rules and you need to follow them.
  5. One teacher is a guy and the other is a girl.

So on Friday last week she gets home and we ask her how school was and if she had fun. I then ask how was PE and she says, "it was much more gooder today." I say that's great I'm glad that you had a fun time. How come it was better today and she says that the teacher who's a guy wasn't there and it was just the lady teacher and that's why she likes it better.

No comments: